Pages

Tuesday 22 June 2010

ICF Chapter 9 Teasers



So, how long have you know Jasper?” I asked nonchalantly, absently twisting my hair round my fingers. Esme looked up from where she was stacking wine glasses in the dishwasher.

Oh, about three years, I think,” she said airily, rinsing her hands in the sink. “I met him at a book reading and we just hit it off.” She smiled fondly at the memory. “He's attractive, don't you think?”

I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers,” I replied, trying to inject some humour to make my questions more innocuous. She laughed.

Nor would most girls. But there's more to him than you'd think. Sure, he works in a bar, but he's got an impressive book collection and he's well-educated. He's quite a private person though, so I guess he doesn't like everyone knowing that.” My mind recalled an apartment with white walls and wooden floors, where there were glass shelves crammed with books. Yes, I knew that Jasper liked to read.

If he's so well-educated, why does he work in a bar?” My interest was piqued. I'd known from the moment I'd met him that he was intelligent, but this was more than I'd expected.

You'd have to ask him that,” Esme said slowly, casting her eyes down to the floor. She looked up, and to my relief, she didn't seem angry. “Look, he likes to play the confident, cocky guy, but underneath it all he's a real sweetheart. He always looks after me. Don't tell him I said that, though – he'd be mortified.”

I wouldn't. I guess everyone has different sides to them,” I replied, nodding. “Is he seeing anyone at the minute?” I couldn't resist adding.

Teehee. I'm hoping it will be up by next week. Thanks for reading!  xxx

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com